Background

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Project Reveal with Andi

Good Morning,

Today is my turn to share a project that I made - yay!  I was given October Afternoon's Farm House line, which is one of my favorite OA lines of all time!

Shadow Box Tray by Andi


Supplies:
October Afternoon Farm House - Her Bureau
October Afternoon Farm House - Attic Trunk
October Afternoon Farm House Word Stickers
Bazzill Cardstock
EK Success Scallop Border Punch
May Arts Glitter Tulle
Inkssentials Crackle Glaze
Wilton Doily

Misc. Pearl Ribbon, Book, Thread, Button, Clear Dew Drops
Tray - Target $1 Aisle


I found this tray in the Target $1 aisle a few months ago - I picked up a gray tray and a bright pink tray with no real clue of how I was going to use it.  Part of the assignment for this month was to make a 3-D project with a handmade embellishment so I grabbed the tray and started at it.  I thought about actually keeping it as a tray and just decorating it, but then thought it might look good as a shadow box. 




I was super lucky to get October Afternoon's Farm House Line - most people that know me know that OA is one of my favorite paper companies and Farm House is one of my favorite lines!  Yay!  And fortunately, the paper that I got in my kit matched the gray and white tray.


I set to work gluing papers to the tray, starting with Her Bureau on the bottom of the tray and then scallop border punching 2 strips of Attic for each side.  Once that was done, I just started treating this as I would any layout, so I started layering paper, stickers, doilies, etc around where I wanted to place the photo.




I did a lot of hand cutting from the reverse side of Her Bureau, I cut the Pride and Prejudice Book from there, along with the Betty's Dress Shop Tag and the sewing scissors.  I used a lot of dimensional tape so that I would have different embellishments at different levels to keep the eye moving.  I added glittery tulle behind the book so give it some pizazz and the Dew Drops and Button because it was looking a little flat without them.  I added Crackle Accents to the Book and the scissors to help age them a little.


I made the heart garland from a Fiskars Heart punch, an old book and my sewing machine.  I'll be sharing a tutorial on that tomorrow!
Thanks for stopping by to take a look!  I hope you get a change to play with Farm House - it's a paperline that inspired me!

I'll see you back here tomorrow for the heart garland tutorial!
Andi





No comments: