Background

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Let's Celebrate with Becky!

Good Morning! 

Today we'll be celebrating cards along with a cleaver way to store your cards!  Let's hear from Becky about her projects!


Celebration Card Box and Cards with Becky
Supply List
Cheez-It Box
Authentique - Celebrate Collection - Happy
Authentique - Celebrate Collection - Rejoice
Authentique - Celebrate Collection - Details Stickers
Authentique - Celebrate Collection - Elements Stickers
Coordinating Cardstock
Coordinating Ribbon
Black Buttons
Twine


I had seen the idea for making a card holder from a cracker box somewhere on Pinterest (my latest obsession!) and thought it was a good idea for showcasing Authentique's latest line, "Celebration."


I made the holder by first cutting a Cheez-It box. I cut one side and then traced it onto the other so that they would match. I covered the box with the Happy paper and then embellished with the sticker sheets. I added some matching ribbon to the bottom. It still wasn't quite finished so I hand-cut two small banners and glued them onto toothpicks.



Once I was done with the box I couldn't stop so I made two cards to go inside. I am trying to get into the habit of using my scraps to make cards so that was what I did. I used sketches I found online and adjusted them to fit the scraps that I had leftover. For one of my cards I made a folded Dahlia flower. A tutorial for that will be coming soon!

Thanks, Becky!  I love that Becky used her scraps right away - such a great use of materials! 

We'll be back tomorrow to share Becky's Dahlia Flower Tutorial!
See you then!
Andi

No comments: