Background

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lucky Us! Challenge

Good Morning!

We're still going with our "Lucky Challenge", and today is my turn to share my project!

Shamrock Wand by Andi
Materials:
QuicKutz Nesting Scallop Hearts
QuicKutz Doily Heart
QuicKutz Nesting Circles
Bazzil Cardstock
October Afternoon Farmhouse Paperline
Misc Fake Flower, Lace Ribbon, Manila Tag, Tulle, skewer
May Arts Stripped Green and Cream Ribbon
Fiskars Circle Punch
Ranger Distress Ink - Burlap

I was playing with the QuicKutz Sweetheart Release and I was trying to figure out a way to use the hearts for different occasions than the obvious love or Valentines.  I was staring and staring when I saw the hearts turn into the petals of a clover.  I remember seeing something similar made out of fabric in a magazine and I figured that I could do the same from paper.

I cut all of my hearts and the doily heart and a large circle.  I distressed the edges all all of my hearts and then arranged them on the circle so they'd look like a clover.  I glued them all down onto the circle and realized that I had a lot of empty space in the center.
I grabbed my QK nesting circles and cut a few circles.  I then hand cut a spiral into the circle so I could create rolled flowers (you can see a tutorial on my blog).  I made 1 large rolled flower and 2 smaller ones.  I then added a few fake flowers, 2 hand cut leave, a manila tag that you could stamp a sentiment on and some tulle and ribbon.  The clover part was now down, but I couldn't forget the stem.

I grabbed a kabob skewer and covered with paper.  I then glued it to the circle on the back of the clover.  I wanted to make sure it was really secure and had a nice finish, so I glued another circle (same size), over the skewer. 

That's it!  The clover is sitting on my mantle next to a picture of my leprechaun son and a "lucky" banner!

See you tomorrow with another Challenge reveal!
Andi

No comments: