Background

Thursday, October 13, 2011

We're all "misty" over Christina's projects!

Hello!

Today we're sharing Christina's final DT projects on our blog!  If you're a fan of Glimmer Mists, then you'll definitely love her projects!

Layout




This month I used Pink Paislee's Vintage Vogue line for my layout. This has a great combination of green, purple, pink, black and cream with a great ladylike feel without being "cutesy". There are papers that looks like it came out of a phone book and another that looks like a wordsearch...contrasted with papers of flowers and pink or purple patterns. We were asked to use a staining technique, so I did this with my title.


I die cut my title and stuck it to plain white cardstock with temporary adhesive. I sprayed over it with Glimmer Mists and dried it with a heat gun. I removed the die cut letters to leave the negative image on the paper...A great way to have white letters stand out! You can use premade sticker letters/words, and you can use an inkpad, paints, or even markers for this technique!


Gift Card Holder


I thought I'd make a card that is a gift card holder since so many of us give them away! I feel it's best to have a 3-fold card for these if you are using slits to hold the gift card in place so it doesn't show through the back. It also makes it more sturdy...but it's just my personal preference. A 4x12 piece of cardstock is the perfect size folded in thirds and taping the 3rd section down. Again, to use a staining technique, I simply chose 2 colors of Glimmer Mists and created a diagonal pattern using cardstock to mask the sections. I just alternated colors, spraying one section at a time. Then I used some paper from Pink Paislee's Vintage Vogue for the cover for decoration. The letters for the "enjoy" came from the paper that looks like a word search. Inside, I took a credit card to use as my measurement to cut the slits for a gift card to be inserted.
Thanks, Christina!  You use of Glimmer Mist is great and a gift card holder is perfect for the upcoming Holidays!

We'll be back tomorrow and I'll be sharing my project along with announcing the NEW Design Team Members!
Andi

No comments: