Background

Monday, October 10, 2011

Final Projects to from our First Design Team

Hello, Page's Friends!

I cannot believe that the first Design Team term has come to an end.  It was a great experience for me, I was lucky enough to work with 4 very talented ladies!  I'd like to extend a huge "Thank You" to Christina, Debbie, Michelle and, our Guest Designer, Francine. 

Today I'll be sharing Michelle's final project which is absolutely amazing!  You really should see it in person, it is adorable and perfect for a travel mini-album or to give as a gift!  Here's Michelle!

Title: Steamer Trunk Mini-Album

Featured Collection: October Afternoon's Boarding Pass

DT Member: Michelle McClure

Dedicated to: All the SoCal Shop Hoppers



Hey, Pages fans. This month I worked with October Afternoon's Boarding Pass collection which has a masculine and vintage look with a travel theme.


This led me to think about last summer's Shop Hop's theme which was, "Papercrafting Around the World". I decided to make a mini-album in style of a steamer trunk because it matched the travel theme and it would also house all the 6 x 6 make and takes that I accumulated along with my bottle cap necklace. If I still had those items unassembled and lying around gathering dust, I was guessing there might be a few others out there with the same plight.

I took a discarded DCWV box that use to contain chipboard shapes and painted that brown. I cut out some printed sticker designs from a piece of Boarding Pass patterned paper and decoupaged it on the box. I decorated it with some ribbon and Imaginisce Glam Rocks. I drilled two holes at the top and screwed in a drawer pull.


Before I put in the screws, I attached some 6 x 6 page protectors inside the box, so they are fastened between the screws and the handle. I made this title page using elements of Boarding Pass and the Shop Hop logo and title.

Inside I placed all my make and takes with the photos from each store I visited. I attached a piece of ribbon to the bottom of each page to make it easier to turn the pages.

Since this was a box, there was room after all the pages, to place my bottle cap necklace. I wrapped it around a piece of cardstock to display it. So all my Shop Hop memories are stored in one handy dandy place.



Thanks, Michelle!  Isn't this a great mini?  You should really see all of the pages in the book, you'll be totally inspired! 

We'll be back tomorrow to share Michelle's other project using her October Kit. 
See you then!
Andi

2 comments:

Becky said...

I was totally blown away by this! I'm glad I got to see it in person!

Andrea said...

This project was amazing, the pictures, as great as they are, do not do it justice! Fantastic job, Michelle!