Background

Monday, July 25, 2011

I "baked" this tree up!

Well, the tree isn't really baked up but I sure used my fair share of bakers twine to decorate the tree!  If you remember the table banner that I created, then you'll probably remember all of the baker's twine/God's Eye's that I used!  Well, I took the same idea/theme and made a little party centerpiece from a tree that I found in a $1 bin!  Here's the end result!

There are 8 "God's Eyes" total on the tree.  I also rolled flowers from the same paper and glued those to the branches as well. 


The pot that holds the tree was a boring green so I cut strips of paper from WeR's Fiesta line and covered it, strip.by.strip.  That was a little tedious but I love the way it looks.  I also took an "Ole" sticker from WeR's sticker sheet, backed it in cream and popped it up on the side of the pot.  A little bit of bakers twine finished it off!


Here's a few more close-ups

I punched the scallop circle punch from cream solid then wrapped the bakers twine around it using the "valleys".  I then punched a smaller circle from different Fiesta paper and popped it up in the center.  Each one of these are double sided, so I made two of the baker's twine God's eyes and then used pop-up take to adhere them together, back-to-back, and used a little piece of baker's twine to add a hanger to these could hang from the tree.

And that's that!  I'll be back tomorrow with a tutorial on exactly how to make the baker's twine God's eyes!  They're so simple, you'll be running out to Page's to buy 50 yards of twine in every color (and they have some seriously fun colors!).

I hope that you all had a great weekend!
Andi

3 comments:

Becky said...

I saw this at Pages last week and thought it was fabulous! Great work!

Pages From the Heart said...

I agree with Becky. I love these papers and they're perfect for these projects. Kudos to whomever picked them out for you!! :)

Andrea said...

Thank goodness I keep getting pushed out of my comfort zone by certain people who decide on my kits...it would be so boring to get paper that is my style! And thank you, Becky!