Background

Friday, July 22, 2011

1st Place for Michelle!

Hello!

Happy Friday, everyone!  I hope that everyone has loads of papercrafts on their "To-Do" list this weekend!  I know I do, Sunday I'm hoping to get my workspace super organized so that I CAN create!  If you're in need of new paper for your papercrafts, Page's has Authentique - the newest, hottest paper line that you cannot find anywhere else! - so go on into the store and see how much you love it! 

Okay, so let's finish off this week with a great banner that will be sure to put you in 1st place with whomever you make it for!  Take a look!



•Blue Ribbon Birthday Banner - I’ve seen a lot of triangular pendant banners of late and wanted to try a banner in a different shape.


I saw a blue ribbon project on Crate Paper’s blog, which I’ve listed under Websites.  I decided to use that shape as the individual flags. Instead of spelling out Happy Birthday or the child’s name, I put a picture of each year of the child’s life so it documented their growth.


 This has a layer of folded strips which is the bow, an accordion rosette, a top layer of photos and embellishment and a bottom layer of ribbons.

Thanks, Michelle!  This is such a great and creative way to use paper and create a completely original banner that is special to the person that you're celebrating!  This would be great in a sports or activities theme too! 

That's it for us this week, check back next week, it's my last project that I'm sharing and a tutorial to boot!  Then, next weekend we'll be announcing the next Page's Blog Challenge - we hope that you'll share your work with us and possibly be a winner of a great goodie bag from Page's! 

Hope your weekend is fantastic!
Andi

No comments: