Background

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Christina's been hanging around this summer...

Well, maybe Christina hasn't had much time to hang around, but you'll definitely want her fun and cute table banner hanging out at your next summer party!  Let's take a look and hear from Christina!

What is more popular than a BBQ this time of year?  I created my own party supplies using the Savor line from Little Yellow Bicycle.  Great bright colors with a cooking theme that is just perfect for all your summer get-togethers!!


When your guests arrive, let them see the theme continue with the decorations!  I created a centerpiece with the word Barbecue spelled out in tags, banner-style.  What I used for the base was simply one of those over-the-sink shelves, but with longer dowels (special thanks to my fabulous hubby for doing this part for me!). 

I put pinwheels at the top of each dowel, which was a diecut put together with a brad.  I created each hanging blue cardstock tag the same way... the "Whisk Briskly" whisks, green borders, brown letters.  I took a regular single hole punch to punch out cherries from the "Savory Stripe" paper from the same line, to add just a little something extra on either side of the letters.  Then added various matching ribbons through each tag and tied them to each other and onto the dowels. 


Oh - and the cook - I couldn't help but add this since I had it... It comes from Quickutz/Lifestyle crafts. It is the "Paper Doll" and "Chef Costumes", and the grill came from the Enjoy Gift Set...all cut out with the same papers.




Isn't this banner/centerpiece super cute?  I just love it and it's something that you can probably make from items you have around your house!  This banner/centerpiece would be ideal for any occasion, a birthday party, shower, holiday... if you have a word you'd like to highlight, this is a great way to do so!

Thanks so much for sharing, Christina!  I'm sure that everyone will be using this centerpiece as a great excuse to host a BBQ this weekend!

Check back in tomorrow for a look at one of Michelle's projects!

See you all soon!
Andi



No comments: