Background

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Get Ready, Get Set, Get Inspired!

Yay!  It's that time of the month again... Design Team projects are ready to share!

This month our assignments were to create a banner and a party related item - this could be a favor, centerpiece, invitation... whatever makes you want to party!  Our team also had to write a tutorial on something they find interesting that they created.  It's going to be a good few weeks around here, so stick with us and let's get this party started right!

And we have an even bigger surprise, our first post is from this months Guest Designer, Becky!  You may remember Becky from the June Challenge... she was our big winner and now she's sharing her projects with us.  Let's take a look at Becky's patriotic banner!


I created this banner using My Mind's Eye new American Made collection. This is a great line that gives a classic feel to the usual red, white, and blue used in patriotic projects. I began by finding a flag shape that I liked online and tracing it onto white cardstock. I then cut smaller triangles using the American Made papers. I cut the letters USA using the Storybook Cricut cartridge and the star for the letter S from George and Basic Shapes. I made two large rosettes for the U and the A. The extra embellishment sheet from the collection was perfect for finishing each flag. I covered some of the small sayings with Crackle Accents for some added texture. I punched each flag on both ends and tied them together using red ribbon. On each end I tied blue twine for hanging. I can't wait to use this as a decoration for the next patriotic holiday!

Thanks so much, Becky!  This banner is sure to get everyone in the mood to keep their Independence Day decor up a little longer!

Check back in tomorrow for Becky's tutorial on... wait for it...

Yo-Yo's!  Yes!!  Remember, the tutorial that I was going to share?  We'll, Becky beat me to it so remember to come back tomorrow!

Have a great day!
Andi

No comments: