Background

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

XOXO - Sending you some Hugs & Kisses

Hello Pages Peeps! This is Michelle here today. How is your summer going thus far? I went on a Teddy Bear Picnic with my nephew over at Pages from the Heart as part of the SoCal Shop Hop. I hope you are having fun hoppin' around too.



The Reveal
This is my last project for July and is the bonus card I mentioned. I call it a bonus item because I didn't use any of the patterned papers or embellishments that I've featured in my other July projects. Instead I wanted to highlight the under appreciated cardstock by sticking with a minimal amount of supplies so the cardstock could be the star. 

I cut out a square window from the center of the card and strung three strands of twine across the card. 


I cut out eighteen .75" squares with my paper cutter and punched out nine X's and nine O's with a hand punch. If you don't have a punch, you can use alphabet stickers. I adhered the X's and O's to the squares and adhered two squares back to back onto the twine. 


The finished squares are actually double sided on the card and can flip around when touched. I wanted to cover up the ends of the twine inside the card, so I adhered some white cardstock strips around the edges of the card. 


I wrote my sentiment using Kraft colored alphabet stickers so it would blend into the Kraft colored cardstock, and not compete with the tic tac toe design in the center. 

The Supplies
Cardstock: CutCardStock
Envelope: CutCardStock
Twine: The Twinery
Sticker Alphabet: Jillibean Soup

Have a great summer and see you in August! 
Thanks so much for stoppin' by,



No comments: