Background

Thursday, May 3, 2012

SoCal Shop Hop Calendar Idea

Hello Pages friends, this is Michelle back again today with my second Bo Bunny "Weekend Market" project.

The Shop Hop
Are you ready for this year's Shop Hop? There are 37 stores participating, including Pages from the Heart, so make sure you stop in and purchase your passport. The theme this year is "Wacky Holidays" and the Shop Hop runs from July 20 - August 5, 2012. Last year I had a lot of fun visiting a few stores with fellow design team member, Becky.

Shop Hop 2011
After the hop I ended up with a pile of 6 x 6" make and takes. I eventually finished them and placed them in made an album that I made from an embellishment box. 

Steamer Trunk Mini-Album 2011
This year I decided to get ahead of the game a bit, and have my album done ahead of time so that pile of make and takes won't seem so overwhelming. 


The Reveal
Since this year's theme is "Wacky Holidays," I thought a calendar would be a nice change from a mini-album. I took a cardstock 6 x 6" album that I already had and turned it sideways. My album is a plain orange one from SEI from their preservation series, but you can use any brand of 6 x 6" albums or make your own cover from chipboard and add some page protectors inside. 

Shop Hop 2012 Calendar Mini-Album

I decorated the cover with images I cut from Bo Bunny's Weekend Market patterned papers and mixed it with the matching Combo Sticker Sheet. 


I printed out some 6 x 6" monthly calendars from iCal and inserted them in the bottom half of the page protectors. You can use any calendar software or online sites. I also decorated the inside cover. 


I intentionally left the rest of the pages blank that faced the calendar pages to later hold my make and takes from the shop hop. If I don't think of a way to organize them, I end up with a pile of 6 x 6" make and takes that I'll never get to. If I've already made my album, or in this case, calendar, then I'll be sure to finish them up when I get home so I can complete my project. 




Supplies:
Featuring Bo Bunny's "Weekend Market" Collection
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Papers: Bo Bunny “Weekend Market”
Stickers: Bo Bunny
Alphabet Stickers: Bo Bunny, Authentique
Ink: ColorBox
Ribbon: May Arts
Brads: Creative Impressions
Pen: Sakura
Album: SEI
Calendar Pages: iCal

Weekend Market Collection
I hope you can participate in this year's Shop Hop. Stop by Pages for more details on this fun event. 

Thanks so much for stoppin' by,
Michelle


2 comments:

Becky said...

This is such a great idea! And I love the 'staches!

Pages From the Heart said...

I love the Shop Hop Calendar Book. I think it would be a great class! What do you guys think?? Not so suttle hint!