Background

Friday, May 11, 2012

"On the Go" with Bo Bunny


Hi everyone.  This is Debbie with my projects for May.  The assignments this month were to create a 3-D item, a scrapbook page and a card.   My supplies included several sheets of patterned paper from the “On the Go” collection from Bo Bunny along with a coordinating sheet of stickers, alphabet letters and border strips and several sheets of Bazzill cardstock.


 











One of the sheets, “On the Go Cut-outs”, has four 6x6” panels on one side and a variety of big cutouts on the reverse – perfect for a quick mini book or as the decorative panels on my first project – a banner for a young boy’s room.



     
The banners are simple 6x12” panels with a notch.  I matted the 6x6” squares on contrasting cardstock and popped them up using foam tape.  The 123 and ABC embellishments were made with Quickutz dies and double-stacked with a bit of foam tape for depth.  A wide panel of striped paper framed with a scalloped border accented with a string of “action” words from the sticker sheet frames the top of each banner.  The center banner has a three dimensional airplane and cloud.  The two side banners feature their own small banners made from stickers from the collection mounted on cardstock scraps and strung on a piece of baker’s twine.

My second project was a scrapbook page using the same collection.  I replicated the banner theme with several strips of the patterned paper anchored with a scalloped border.  A cluster of embellishments, many made from the sticker sheet, accent the bottom of the banner.  Three small circles fill an empty corner to balance out the page.


                                        
My final project was a card.  I double-matted one of the large cutouts and placed the large truck behind one of the tiny trucks printed on the argyle patterned paper.  I cut out one of the airplanes, double-matted it, and popped it up to pull a “happy birthday” banner across the top of the page.



I hope you enjoy looking at my projects!

1 comment:

Pages From the Heart said...

Great post Debbie. I'm thinking I should make one of the banners for my "little guys" room!