Background

Monday, February 13, 2012

February's DT Projects - Banners

Hello!  Happy Monday!

This weeks starts our DT February Project reveals and the February Challenges. February's assignment was to create a banner - any type of banner - and our team did not disappoint!

Michelle's February project is going to be published in July's CREATE Magazine!  Yay, Michelle! It is a chandelier inspired framed wall hanging in the style of a banner.

Framed Chandelier Wall Hanging

Today Becky will be sharing her banner - so take it away, Becky!

Supply List:
Doodlebug Classic Collection - Elegance Paper
Doodlebug Classic Collection - Cascading Floral Paper
Black and White Cardstock
Doodlebug Colorwheel Cardstock Stickers
Purple and Black Ribbon
Black Glitter
We R Memory Keepers Sew Ribbon Tool
Cricut "Sophisticated" Cartridge

Since the new year, I have seen several pictures of people's craft rooms, giving examples of how to organize just as Pages did last month. Amongst all of the great tips, I also noticed how nicely people had decorated their crafty space. So for my banner project I decided to make a "CREATE" banner to eventually hang above my scrap desk.

I started by cutting white 4 1/2" x 6" inch rectangles and 4 1/4" x 5 3/4" rectangles from the patterned paper. I then cut triangles from the bottom of the rectangles to form my flags. I used my Sew Ribbon to cut notches to be able to thread the flags together. Using my Cricut, I cut my title and circles to mat the letters. Usually I am not a fan of using glitter but I wanted an elegant, blingy look so I glittered my title with black glitter. I finished my banner by embellishing with the Doodlebug Cardstock Stickers, which provided the perfect pops of color!


Thanks, Becky!  I love the way the black and white patterned paper looks clean while the embellishments really pop off the page!
 
We'll be back tomorrow with a banner from Debbie!
Andi

No comments: