Saturday, February 18, 2012

We're back with Michelle!

Sorry for the breif pause in our DT posts!  As you can see, Page's is undergoing a little facelift with thier blog!  I love the banner on the headline now - so cute!

Anyways, today we're back to share Michelle's 2nd banner project with us!  Yay!  So cute!  If you read the post from Monday, Michelle's original banner project had to be pulled because it's going to be published in the July issue of CREATE Magazine!  If you haven't see CREATE yet, it's a sister magazine to the Cricut Magazine, Scrapbook Trends Magazine, CARDS Magazine and Beads Magazine.  You'll definitely want to grab July's edition and see Michelle's beautiful banner.

Onto the project!  Take a look!

Baby Clothesline Banner Wall Hanging

I had the pleasure of working with Authentique's "Miracle Girl" kit which is a collection designed for baby girl projects. The collection is filled with beautiful patterned papers, stickers and die cuts. This is actually the fourth project I've made from the same kit, so you can get a lot of use out of one handy dandy pack. To see the first three projects, stay tuned for next month's reveals
Featured Collection: Authentique's "Miracle Girl"

Patterned Papers: Authentique
Die Cuts: Authentique
Stickers: Authentique
Mist: Tattered Angels
Jewels: Making Memories
Ink: ColorBox, Ranger
Twine: The Twinery
Liquid Adhesive: Fabric-tac by Beacon
Clothespins: Lowe Cornell
Other: buttons, string, frame

Since our project this month is to make a banner, I thought that a clothesline looked like a banner. I also starting imagining cute baby clothes being hung on the line with clothespins so I just went with that idea.

I anchored my three photos of my new niece unto tags I hand cut. I decorated the tags with twine, buttons, die cuts and stickers. I had previously purchased some wooden clothespins from a craft store, so I used that to hang the tags onto a piece of brown string. To fill in the space in between the tags, and to bring in more of a banner feel, I hand cut some little flags, glued on a few buttons and attached that to the string.

For the frame, I went to a thrift store and purchased a framed wall art which was actually still new in package for a very reasonable price. I was actually looking for something more cute or elegant instead of rustic, but I had to work with whatever was available. I took out the central art piece which was a pineapple print and cut out part of the central mat so I would have a bigger space to work with. The large mat was an unappealing beige color, so I simply took my Tim Holtz Distress Ink and rubbed it over the mat to create a woodgrain look which matched the rustic charm of the frame. I also sprayed a bit of glimmer mist onto the mat to add a bit of shimmer and femininity. So just be creative and work with what you have. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: