Background

Monday, February 20, 2012

Page's Challenge! We're getting all "Misty" over here!

Hello!  Happy President's Day!

I hope that everyone is enjoying their l-o-n-g weekend! 

We're starting off the week with our Page's Challenge!  I hope that you participate, it's a fun one - and remember, if you create a project and email it to me, you'll be entered to win a goody bag full of product from Page's!  The Challenge for this month is to create ANYTHING, as long as it uses color mister's!  The type, color, technique is up to you!  Misting is such a popular trend in papercrafting, we wanted to play with it too! 

Let me share what our Design Team Member's created!

Becky made a super cute layout...

Supply List
Doodlebug Colorwheel Paper - Fancy Florals and Cute Cuts
Doodlebug Petite Prints Paper - Lilac Dot-Grid, Bumblebee Dot-Grid
Doodlebug Colorwheel Stickers
Doodlebug Jack & Jill Bubblegum Alphabet Stickers
Doodlebug Jack & Jill Bubblegum Alphabet Rub-Ons
My Little Shoebox Mini Alphabet Stickers in Lilac
Black and White Cardstock
Epiphany Crafts Round 25 Punch and Epoxies

Lollipop Flower:
Sprinklers Color Mist in All Aboard
Used Fabric Softener Dryer Sheet

I made this layout using a sketch by Allison Davis. The pictures are from last summer when my friends and I had tea at the Huntington Memorial Library. The fun, bright colors of Doodlebug's Colorwheel collection were perfect for matching a girl's day out.

For the mist challenge I used the Sprinklers Color Mist in All Aboard that I purchased at Pages From the Heart. I started with a used fabric softener dryer sheet that I painted with the color mist. Once it had dried (I used a heat gun to help it along) I cut three circles, making sure that each was a little smaller that the previous one. I stapled the three together and then stapled it onto my paper (glue dots will work but a staple is sturdier). To add some shine, I outlined each circle with Stickles. I finished my flower by adding an Epiphany Crafts epoxy to the center to cover up the staple.

Isn't that flower cute!  And what a great way to reuse something that you'd normally throw away!

Here's what Debbie did for her misting project...



I sanded and then painted a $1 frame from Michaels with white paint. I placed four large stickers in the bottom right corner and then misted the entire frame with Sprinklers mist in the color Miss Mary Mack from the October Afternoon Sidewalk collection. When the mist dried, I removed the stickers to reveal XOXO in the white base color. I placed diamond bling around the heart picture opening and made three flowers by cutting, folding and gluing 1" hearts and 1/2" circles onto circle bases to form a flower shape. I used a small scrap of Silent Night I had hoarded from the Figgy Pudding collection by Basic Grey for the flowers but the mist could have been used to change any patterned paper into a complementary accent. A sheer white ribbon was woven through the flowers.

If you feel like participating, please email me a picture of your project at ayokleyjessup@gmail.com and in the subject line put "February Challenge".  The deadline for this challenge is February 29th!  I can't wait to see what everyone submits! 

See you all soon!
Andi

No comments: