Background

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Let's "Hang" Around with Debbie today!

Today we'll be sharing Debbie's banner - which is perfect for Valentine's Day!


Materials Used:

WE R Memory Keepers "Love Struck" collection
Bazzill red, blue and green cardstock
pink/white twine
pink/white/fushia tulle
pink satin and green plaid ribbon
large daisy eyelets
12" heart hanger

The "My Valentine" sheet of We R Memory Keeper's new Valentine collection was the inspiration for my banner. I wanted to use the wrought iron heart hanger I had found online and the multiple borders on this single sheet of patterned paper provided enough designs for almost all the vertical hanging flags and embellishments.

I framed each panel with a scalloped border or a mat - or both. I hand-cut the banner and tag elements from the "My Valentine" sheet and popped them up with pop-dots. Origami hearts,fan-folded bejeweled circles, hand-cut love birds and a coordinating tag hang on twine from each flag. A bit of tulle tied with a ribbon and a hanging tag finish off the Valentine hanger.

Thanks so much, Debbie!  This banner is super sweet - And I love how you can use 1 piece of paper to create an entire banner!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Andi



No comments: