Background

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Michelle's Calendar Layout

Hello!

Today we're sharing a calendar layout idea from Michelle - and it might make you a little jealous of where she spent her Holidays!  Also, I want to point out that the paperline that Michelle used for her layout is the same that Debbie used for her card... they're so different, it really showcases the unlimited uses for this paper!

"Thanksgiving in Cabo" Layout
Featured Collection: Authentiques’s “Gathering” Collection

Supply List:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Papers: Authentique
Stickers: Authentique
Alphabet Stickers: Authentique
Ribbon: May Arts
Floss: DMC
Ink: ColorBox Chalk
Dimensional Glaze: Glossy Accents by Inkssentials
Border Punch: EK Success
Strong Liquid Adhesive: Fabri-Tac by Beacon Adhesives
Other: needle, paper piercer, souvenirs (coins, keychain)
Sketch: Allison Davis

Thanksgiving in Cabo


This collection was scheduled to be a January release from Authentique but people wanted to use it for their fall and Thanksgiving photos, so they released it early. I also decided to use it for my Thanksgiving photos since the colors between the photos and collection matched perfectly.





A great way to make a summary layout, like for the entire year or in this case a vacation, is to use smaller photos in a grid pattern. I didn't think I'd have time to make a layout per activity for the whole vacation, so by doing this, at least I have something documented of the trip while it was still fresh in my mind. Instead of covering every box with photos, I broke up the grid pattern a bit by replacing some the squares with souvenirs from the trip, a die cut, the title and a journaling block. I hand stitched the grid lines, which did take quite a bit of time, so if you want to save time try machine stitching.



I wanted to balance out all those stitched lines so I stitched around each letter in the main word of my title. I also recreated the branches and berries from the patterned papers by stitching in some French knots and connecting them with a pen. This way, the stitching became incorporated into the design.


I love that Michelle used a "Thanksgiving" paperline for a Mexico Vacation - the colors are great with the blue and coral and she was even able to make the different embellishments and patterns work with her layout!  The calendar grid is a great element that really helps to showcase her pictures!

Thanks so much, Michelle!  Remember, you can see more of Michelle's work (and all of the Design Team) by clicking on their names on the right side of our blog!

We'll see you tomorrow!
Andi

No comments: