Background

Friday, January 6, 2012

A great Boy Card from Lauren!

Hello!

I hope that you're feeling inspired to get out your stash of papercrafting supplies and kick off the New Year with new projects galore! 

I was excited to see Lauren's card because it's a BOY card!  I love seeing great boyish cards because, for me, they're challenging.  My usual tricks of adding bling, ribbons and cute stuff to the card just doesnt' quite work for a boy/guy card.  Let's see what Lauren created.


Supplies & Tools

12 x 12 cream colored card stock
Vintage-T Argyle sweater designer paper by We R Memory Keepers
Legit Griffindor tag
Cream ribbon
Edge distresser
Happy birthday stamp
Black ink
Maroon, creamy brown and navy blue chalk ink
White pigment ink pen
Dimensionals
Glue
Paper cutter
Score buddy
Razor blade
Ruler




I think We R memory keepers Vintage-T line is great for that preteen to early teenage boy. Using their products, I created a gift card holder and birthday card to give to that growing boy. I wanted to do something nontraditional so I scored a 12 x 5.5 sheet of card stock so that there are two flaps to open and used a strip of paper and ribbon to keep the card closed.



















The card has two slots on the inside to keep the gift card in place. The Griffindor/legit embellishment was a tag that I cut to add more dimension and design to the card. A lot can really be done with this type of design but as it is for a young boy, I wanted to keep it simple and boyish.


Thanks, Lauren!
This is a great boy-ish card with just enough to keep it interesting without making it overdone or girlish!
We'll see you all back here on Monday with another Layout idea!
Andi

No comments: