Background

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Let's Start 2012 with some Layout Inspiration!

Hello!

Happy 2012!

When I was coming up with the Design Team Assignments, I was trying to think about how the members could help you, our readers, start the new year!  So, I decided that we bring back the basics!  I know that at the beginning of the year I HOPE to complete layouts in a timely manner, make a plethora of cards to have on hand and get organized... so... that's what the Design Team will be sharing this month!

Today we'll be sharing a layout from DT Member, Becky!  The only stipulation that I included in the Layout assignment was that they had to use a calendar element... but the calendar element was entirely up to them!  So, let's take a look at Becky's layout!

Year 1 with the Newlyweds Layout

Supply List:
We r Memory Keepers Vintage T Collection - Distressed Jeans and Flannel Shirt paper
We r Memory Keepers Vintage T Collection - Embossed Stickers
We r Memory Keepers Vintage T Collection - Jumbo Brads
Coordinating Cardstock
Letter Stickers
Alphabet Stamps
Making Memories - Month Rub-Ons

I had a couple ideas when I thought of using a calendar on a layout. I settled on making a calendar or timeline of our first year as a married couple. I printed my pictures in various sizes so that I could fit more in a single page layout. After I had created a grid I used these rub-ons I had in my stash (could easily have printed these on the computer, used small letter stickers or stamps) to label the months. On some pictures I put the rub-on directly on the picture to save space. Because the grid took up so much space I didn't have a lot of room to journal. I cut thin white strips and used it as a border after I had journaled on them.

This new line by We R Memory Keepers is great because it comes with machine stitching already on it. I continued the theme by adding some hand stitching. Finally, I made some of my own embellishments by punching circles from scraps and adding one of the jumbo brads from the collection.

Thanks, Becky!  A great way to recap the year by month by month!  This is a great idea for newlyweds or for a baby's first year!  You could even chronicle a hobby the same way, like a monthly picture of your garden or your monthly DIY projects! 

I hope this layout inspired some of you to take a look back at 2011 and create a layout with your highlights!
See you tomorrow!
Andi

No comments: