Background

Monday, January 9, 2012

It's my turn!

Hello! 

Today I'll be sharing my layout, which was inspired by a timeline calendar idea.  It is centered around my family's trip on the Metrolink to Olvera Street, where my little guy changed from a 3 year old to a soulful musician.



"Ticket to Ride" Layout
Supplies:
WeRMemoies Vintage T Paperline
Bazzill In'Stitchz Borders Template
White Embroidery Floss
Distress Ink: Brushed Cordury
WeR Stamp
WeR Embossed Cassette Tag
Misc. Buttons, Penny
Fiskars Star Punch
EK Success Circle Punch
Jillibean Luggage Tag
Brown Paper Bag

When I saw the Vintage T Paperline, I immediately thought to a recent Metrolink Train Trip that we'd taken into Olvera Street, LA.  I also liked the idea of keeping with the idea of a train schedule, so I mapped out our schedule in the form a time line...



I decided to hand stitch (Bazzill In'Stitchz) my timeline instead of printing one from my computer. I used a brown paper bag to highlight the timeline, I felt that it was rough enough for a masculine page.  I also stamped a serged seam from the WeR "You Rock" stamp along the bottom edge of the paper bag.  I cut .5" strips of white cardstock and hand wrote my times and what we were doing.



I added punched shapes, buttons and a penny to complete a cluster around the bottom corner of the photos from the timeline.  I also added the "You Rock" cassette tag to my cluster.


I used a Jillibean Kraft Travel Tag to back my title and the WeR stickers to spell out the main word on my title.

I put a half circle, a detail cut cassette and a strip of scraps onto the top left corner just to keep the eye moving in a triangle pattern.

That's it for me!  I hope you like my calendar interpretation and feel inspired to try a timeline in one of your layouts!  You could do it as a year in review, a month, a week... really anything!

We'll be back tomorrow with a card from Becky!
Andi

No comments: