Background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Flag Tutorial

I'm sure this might seem like an insanely easy tutorial, but I figure that a tip is a tip is a tip!  If you've been paying attention to the crafting world, pennants and flags are super trendy right now - and I love it!  There are a lot of lines that have started making flags to go along with their paper lines, October Afternoon and Pink Paislee are just a few!  Well, I decided to create my own flag for my layout using Crate Paper's Farm House line! 

Let's get started!


All you'll need to get started is a strip of patterned paper (mine was 1" x  3"), a toothpick or two, adhesive (I used Scrappy Glue - of course!) and scissors and ink if you want to distress your flag.


Start off by distressing all of the edges of your paper. 

Turn your paper over and spread glue along half of your paper.  Place your toothpick towards the center of your paper.

Fold your patterned paper over the toothpick, you'll want to really press it down so that it's tightly wrapped around the toothpick.


You can either stop her and leave your flag in a rectangle shape, or you can cut a triangle from the end of the flag to create more of a banner/pennant look, like I did.  I also added some brown bakers twine around the toothpick at the base of the flag and a sticker.

Done.  Super easy, very cute and you can use a ton of your scraps and make a lot of flags!

Well see you tomorrow with a project from Christina!
Andi

1 comment:

Thelma said...

What a great idea...TFS!!! ;0)