Background

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Ruffled Flower Tutorial! Finally!

Tutorial Thursday!  Yay!  I know that many of you have been waiting for Debbie's Ruffled Flower tutorial and I'm so happy to say that we finally have it for you!  Here you go!


For my handmade embellishment I decided that I wanted to do flower made from pleated/ruffled ribbon, however, I was at a crop and didn't have any ruffled ribbon with me.  I decided that I could make my own.

I took some ribbon and used a needle with some thread and did a running stitch - and then gathered up the ribbon.



I then cut a circle from some Be Creative® Tape Sheets and started on the outside edge of the circle and wound the ribbon around until I reached the center.


I added a drop of glue at the center before pressing down the end of the ribbon to makesure that it took hold.




I hope that you enjoy it and will give it a try and make your own.

Thanks, Debbie!  This is a great tutorial since ribbon and fabric flowers are super hot right now!  Just think, you could use this embellishment on a page or card, or go outside the papercrafting box and create a brooch or hair accessory!

We'll be back tomorrow with the OPEN DESIGN TEAM CALL!!!!!  So excited!
Andi