Background

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Glitter Embellishment Tutorial!

Hello Again!

I'm back today to share my tutorial on how to create a glitter covered embellishment that has NO drying time and NO glue!  You don't believe me?  Then take a look!

Here's the embellishment that I have on my DT sample.
You'll need a Xyron "X" (or any Xyron adhesive machine); you'll need the permanent adhesive cartridge for it.  You'll also need a clear glitter, the finer you go the better you'll be able to see your image underneath.  You'll need a die cut or a a saying (I used one from the Authentique Die Cut sheet) and a TidyTray (or paper plate).


Take your die cut image and put it in your Xyron "X", FACE DOWN!!!



Pull it through and tear it off.  Then rub down on and around your die cut.  If you let if sit for about 1 minute after rubbing it you'll get a better and cleaner adhesive.



Remove both the clear sheet and then remove the die cut from the wax coated sheet.


Place your die cut onto your Tidy Tray and sprinkle with glitter.  Press down on glitter and rub so that the excess comes off your die cut.  Rub your fingers around the edges so that your die cut is clean.  Now enjoy your glittery, clean and dry glittered embellishment!



That's it for me today!  I'll be back tomorrow to share a project from Christina! 

See you then!  And don't forget to submit your challenge project!  Remember, bragging rights and a goody bag!  You can't go wrong with that!!!
Andi

No comments: