Background

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

We have "mini" more to share...

Mini albums, that is!  Today is my turn to share... and I'm very excited because I really enjoyed using My Minds Eye American Made line - I love the colors, the vintage feel, the patterns - it's all awesome!  The best part of this paper line is that I really, honestly feel like it can be used for way more than a 4th of July themed project.  You can use this for vintage inspired projects, a summer layout, old pictures... I used this same paper line for a fun, vintage inspired sewing card!  You can take a look at the card here.  Anyways - here's a few pictures of the paper line -



The paper is great, you really need to take a look in person to appreciate it!  Okay, onto my mini-album.  I used a VERY old Making Memories book insert for my actual book.  Each page is a pocket - so you get twice as many pages!  Take a look.



  
  I used a few different patterns from the paper pack, but then I took a strip of denim and sewed it into a ruffle, which is very simple.  You just do a based stitch and then pull it so that the fabric ruffles.  I glued it onto album with scrappy glue and added a few buttons just for fun.
 


I used simple layouts for all of my pages, I let the paper do the work for me!

This page was inspired by the pictures that I'll put in the book of my son's first 4th of July - he was only a few months old but was amazed by a simple pinwheel and American Flag, so I knew that I had to create a pinwheel in my book to remind me of the joy he found in something so simple.

This page's embellishment is a mixture of supplies.  I used a Jillibean journaling sprout to create a "Gods Eye".  I then took a smaller journaling sprout and stamped the "4th" on it (this is a WeR Clear Stamp which is about $1).  I popped it up so you'd still be able to see the twine on the bottom journaling sprout.  I LOVE this - the God's eye is so easy and cheap to make, a little bakers twine and a scalloped circle and you're ready to go!

Please head on down to the store to see all the pages in the book - it might just inspire you to do something to celebrate the 4th of July in a big way just so you can use the fun paper!

If you'd like to see more of my projects, please check out my blog here.

We'll see you tomorrow with a beautiful layout created by Christina, I know that you'll really enjoy seeing how she incorporated the sewing challenge into her project - I know I did!

Andi 

No comments: