Sew, for part of the DT projects, we had to sew on one of our projects. I decided to sew with my sewing machine on my page, at first I was just going to sew around the border of my layout, but then something made me thing about using the stitching as part of my design. Here's the sketch from Sketch Support that I used for my inspiration. You can click here to go to Sketch Supports website.
And here's my interpretation of the sketch.
I decided to make the "flowers" into stitched fireworks. I drew the lines for the fireworks with disappearing ink, then stitched over the lines. Once I was done stitching, I added the rhinestones for the sparkly effects. Here's a few close-ups.
I used a zig-zag stitch across the top of my banner, added buttons on the bottom of each of the banners. I used the pre-made die cuts instead of creating my own title and popped them up with foam tape. On the next page I decided to trade one of the picture spots for a pocket where I used more die cuts as journaling spots. I sewed the pocket onto the page and then covered the front of it with a picture. Here's a few closeups of this page.
I know that I said I'd do the yo-yo tutorial today, but I'm going to have to postpone for a few more days - sorry!
Stay tuned tomorrow for one of Michelle's projects!