Background

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Sew" happy to share more DT projects!

I don't think I told you all, but this months assignments were to create a 2 page layout and a mini-album.  I also asked the Designers to include stitching on at least one of their projects - we were totally open to any type of stitching, they could use a machine, Bazzill's "In Stitch'z", WeR's Sewing line... whatever they wanted as long as it was stitched!  And let me tell you, they did not disappoint! 

Today I'm sharing a layout by Michelle where she used stitching!  If you remember, last month Michelle stitched a border around her layout (very cute), so she's not new to the stitching technique!  I think you'll be in love and "sew" thankful for Michelle's creativity once again!  Let's take a look and hear what Michelle has to say!

The Lime Twist Fly a Kite collection is a fun set of papers and embellishments that uses bold prints and bright colors. It is geared towards a little boy theme so if you have a little boy you want to feature, then this is the collection for you. I did make one item that is for a little boy, but to show you the versatility of this line, I also used it for a beach theme, an all purpose card, a favor holder and a girly beauty parlor layout which is the exact opposite of its original intent. So feel free to use papers for other purposes than what is stated. Let your imagination run free like a kite. I also wanted to point out that I used Imaginisce's Glam Rocks and the i-Rock tool in most of my layouts to add that extra touch of metallic bling. They look like brads but without the pain of having to poke holes in your layout and having to bend the little tabs behind the layout. It is my must have tool right now and I am not a representative from the company or anything like that. I find most tools are not that necessary but this one I can recommend.


A Hair-raising Tale Layout:
I ran out of supplies as this was the last project I made so this is made with strips and scraps. I hand stitched around the clouds and sun to make the embellishments stand out a bit. I also added the Glam rocks for that extra bit of bling, like putting in a silver lining on the clouds. I did start off using a sketch but it ended up nothing like it. It is from Allison Davis two page sketch #11: http://www.sketchsupport.com/p/two-page-sketches.html.

Take a look at some of the details that Michelle mentioned above!


Sun w/stitching


Journaling square w/Glam Rocks


Clouds w/stitching and silver lining


Thank you so much, Michelle for sharing your talent and the create ideas for the many uses for Lime Twists Fly a Kite collection!  Please remember to head on over to Michelle's blog to see what other fantastic projects she has to share.  We'll be sharing more of Michelle's projects as the month continues, so please keep checking back in with us!  And, as always, you can get your hands on the Fly a Kite collection with complete details of Michelle's projects at Page's!

We'll see you all back tomorrow with more projects to share!
Thanks for spending some time with us!
Andi

No comments: