Background

Friday, June 24, 2011

Single? Or looking?

I know I am!  Looking at Michelle's single page layout, that is!  Was that too lame?  I know, I know, it was but I do love some cheesiness in my day.  Anyway, back to Michelle's layout - she did some great stitching around the perimeter of the layout  along with a fun 3-D effect on the stars and the life preserver is hand made!  Take a look!



Here's what Michelle had to say about her layout:

At the Beach one page layout:


I punched out the stars in the LimeTwist collection and arranged the circles as my background piece. I felt the white circles on white cardstock did not pop so I added the orange to show off the multi-colored stars. I also randomly popped up some of the stars for some surprise dimension. I wanted another embellishment that wasn't a star so I layered different sizes of circles plus some wired cording to create a life preserver that matched a beach theme. I paired these photos with this collection because the colors of the buoys perfectly matched the bright colors of the papers. I hand stitched around the layout to create a thin border that wouldn't compete with the busyness of the star pattern. This is based on Allison Davis' One Page Sketch #1 which you can download and use here: http://www.sketchsupport.com/p/one-page-sketches.html



 Thanks, Michelle!  This layout is great and totally inspired!  I love how Michelle "made" the paper that she wanted - hopefully you'll think outside the box the next time you want something that doesn't really exist - just think about this layout and create your own!

We'll see you on Monday!  Hope you're feeling crafty this weekend!
Andi

No comments: