Background

Friday, May 20, 2011

More DT action!

Hello!

Good morning, it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here!  The suns shining brightly, I don't see a cloud in the sky and it looks like the rain from the past few days has washed away any trace of smog.  So let's celebrate this gorgeous day with another project from Nikki Sivil's Summer Lane made by me!

Here's a page that I completed using a sketch that I found here.  Here's the sketch...
And here's my take on it!

Now, since this was the last project that I completed using my DT kit, I didn't have that much patterned paper left to work with... so I had to be very creative!  Instead of using paper for the strips behind the picture, I decided to sew onto my solid 12"x12", so I alternated between a straight stitch and a zig zag stitch.
Instead of the title on the bottom, I decided to place a strip of patterned paper that I did have left over under the picture.  Instead of the butterflies, I punched a scallop circle out of the patterned paper and glued that down, then cut the squares of clouds from the paper and actually thought of them as clouds.  I stitched around the sun with a zig-zag stitch to make it look more like a sun.
I opted to use rolled flowers on the bottom right-hand corner instead of the little half circles they have in the sketch.  You can check out my flower rolling tutorial here.
I used 2 strips of my patterned paper in the top, left hand corner instead of the half circles.  I added a button for a little dimension.  I used a sticker from the set and popped it up to add a little journaling on the page. 





And that's that.  If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a huge fan of sewing on paper!  In fact, I'm such a fan, that I asked the DT to sew on a project as part of a challenge for their next kit!  I'm also happy to say that the hat box/birdhouse project that I shared from the Page's DT is also on the Nikki Sivils blog, so if you enjoyed this paper line, you'll want to check out her blog to get more inspiration! 

Check back in next week for more DT projects!  And I'm hoping to receive our Guest Designer, Francine, projects sometime next week, so you'll want to definitely check those out as soon as I post them!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Andi

No comments: