Background

Monday, April 9, 2012

April Design Team Reveals!

Good Morning!

I hope that everyone had a beautiful weekend!  Today we're starting the April Design Team reveals with Michelle - so let's take a look!

Trio of Square Cards by Michelle McClure

Since the assignment this month is to make three cards, I thought it would be fun to make one type of card in three different ways. Then you'd only have to learn one method of assembling a card, and can spend the rest of your energy on decorating the card base.


This is the inside view. Each card is folded from one piece of 12 x 12" cardstock, with an internal area measuring 6 x 6" for your message.


This is the back view. The card folds together nicely, so you don't need an envelope, although I did make one to match if you did want to send one through the mail.



Supplies:
Featured Collection: Canvas Corp’s
Green & White Collection
Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Papers: Canvas Corp
Stickers: S.R.M. Press
Twine: The Twinery
Ribbon: May Arts
Punches: EK Success
Other: buttons


Card #1: Shirt
Starting with the same base, I decided to transform each square into a different object. With Father's Day coming up, I thought a shirt design might be fun to give dear ol' dad. The pocket can hold a tag with a secret message, and the bow tie is 3-D.

Card #2: Present


For my second card, I turned the square into a present with a giant 3-D bow. This would be good for any type of invitation or to go along with a birthday or wedding gift. You can modify it to any occasion that has a present involved. The bow is on a wrapper that slides off.

Card #3: Mortar Board

For my third card, I changed the square into a mortar board as graduation season is almost upon us. I made a tassel from twine, plus a diploma from a scrap piece of paper. I also made an envelope from a piece of 12 x 12" cardstock to match the card in case you want it to look more formal when presenting it to the graduate.

I made a template for the card, so stop by Pages if you want to see how to fold this versatile design. Be creative and have fun adapting these cards to suit any occasion.


Thanks for stoppin' by,
Michelle

No comments: