Background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lauren's Reveal!

Good Morning!

Today we'll be taking a look at Lauren's cards!  Lauren did a wonderful job with her different collection; let's take a look!

Birthday Card

Konnichiwa by Basic Grey was such a great line to work with this month. The colors and brightness of it all was so fun! I wanted to show something unique that you can make for a birthday card.


This is a card made from an 12 x 12" piece of card stock instead of the traditional half sheet of 8-1/2 x 11". And it's a great fold to have on display! I love how when it stands up and you can see all three panels.

I cut the 12 x 12" down to 12 x 5-1/2" and scored at 4" and 8". When the card is folded, it will be 4 x 5-1/2" and will still fit into an A2 envelope.

I used both sides of "Good Afternoon" along with the stickers from the Konnichiwa line, ribbon and paper flowers. I made my own embellishments - the girl and fan - from stamps and Letraset markers.


Supplies
Paper
Pink 12 x 12" card stock
Cream card stock
Basic Grey konnichiwa: good afternoon
Ink
Color Box chalk ink
Brown ink pen
Brown non-blending ink pad
Alcohol-based markers
Embellishments
Pink ribbon
Green and blue gems
Bazzill Basic Paper blue paper flowers
Basic Grey konnichiwa: stickers
Stickles Diamond glitter
Tools
Slot punch
Glue
Dimensionals
Scissors
Corner rounder
Scoring tool
Paper trimmer
Stamps
harold's abcs by Lawn Fawn
Kyoto by Recollections

Masculine Card

When you first look at Basic Grey's Konnichiwa line, masculine isn't what first pops into your mind. But when I saw the "Mt. Fuji" paper, I knew it would be possible. The key thing for masculine cards is keeping the card simple and no glitter or flowers allowed. ;) I used brown card stock as the base of the card and Mt. Fuji as the background.

Using my crimper, I crimped a piece of cream card stock, sprayed with some blue mist and lightly "stamped" a brown ink pad onto the crimps. I added a scrap piece of mesh I had, tied around some twine, added a sticker and a few buttons to match.

I stamped out the sentiment "for you," but you can use a die cut as well. I think the card radiates masculinity, don't you?


Supplies
Paper
Brown card stock
Cream card stock
Basic Grey konnichiwa: mt. fuji
Ink
Brown ink pad
Mister Huey Heirloom Blue
Embellishments
Twine
Various buttons
Basic Grey konnichiwa: stickers
Scrap piece of mesh
Tools
Crimper
Glue
Dimensionals
Scissors
Scoring tool
Paper trimmer
Stamps
quinn's abcs by Lawn Fawn


Designer's Choice
Basic Grey's Konnichiwa line has a great sticker collection and I wanted to use the large sticker with "Good company on a journey makes the way seem shorter" as the focus of my card. It has a great sentiment and decoration already in the sticker which is a perfect embellishment for a quick card. I layered the sticker onto a piece of pink card stock and before gluing it to my brown card base, I wrapped around some pink ribbon.

I knew it needed something else so I tied a bow and added very cute, blue flowers. I absolutely love glitter so I used Stickles on the edges of the flower as well as in the centers of the flowers on the sticker. Such a quick, cute card!


Supplies
Paper
Brown card stock
Pink card stock
Ink
Brown ink pen
Embellishments
Basic Grey konnichiwa: stickers
Pink ribbon
Stickles Diamond glitter
Bazzill basic paper blue paper flowers
Tools
Glue
Glue dots
Slot punch
Scissors
Scoring tool
Paper trimmer
Corner rounder

Well, that's it for today!  Lauren did a wonderful job showing how versatile a paperline can be!  I love that she incorporated 2 very feminine cards and 1 masculine cards so that we're able to see what you can do with one line of papers!

Have a great day!  We'll be back tomorrow with more cards reveals!
Andi

No comments: