Background

Monday, April 25, 2011

Meet our last DT Member!

I had such a good time meeting with Christina and Michelle last week! They picked up their kits and ,(I'm sure), are diving right in!

So, without furter ado - meet Debbie Lacey!




- Tell us a little something about yourself.
Hi my name is Debbie and I am married to a wonderful guy who is very supportive of my habit of paper crafting. We have been married for 35 years and have two wonderful children; a daughter, Kristi, who is 30 and a son, Andy, who is 26. Kristi lives close by with her boyfriend and his daughter and Andy is still occupying space at home. We also have two Australlian Shepherds, Mic and Macey that are two years old and definately think that they are human. I live in Anaheim, California where I have lived all of my life.

- What is your scrapbook style and how long have you been crafting?
I would say that my style is clean and simple. I have been scrapbooking since 1999 and added card making to the mix a few years ago. When I started scrapbooking it was through Creative Memories and everything was very flat with paper borders and matted pictures. Today it has evolved into a lot more texture and homemade embellishments. I am also very symetrical with my scrapping and always do two-page layouts.

- Are you a layout person, card person, project person? All of the above? I love doing layouts and cards. When I go out to a crop I prefer to spend my time doing layouts, but when at home in my scrap room I like to do cards.

- What is on your scrapdesk right now?
Everything under the sun! It had become a catch-all for everything that came into my scraproom, but I am working on getting it cleared off so I can be more creative right there at home.

- What is your favorite scrapping product? Which company's or lines are your favorites?
I would have to say that I like a lot of products right now, but I tend to gravitate towards paper. I have a love of many different manufacturers, but some of my favorites right now are: Echo Park, Jillibean, Fancy Pants, Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Nikki Sivils, and I'm sure the list could go on and on.

- What can you NOT scrap without?
Probably my Fiskars paper trimmer, punches, spellbinder dies, and ATG gun.

- Where do you get your inspiration?
I get a lot of inspiration from blog hopping and also from sketches.

- What are your favorite TV shows? Favorite music?
I enjoy watching a lot of the reality TV shows, such as Amazing Race, Celebrity Apprentice, Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, and almost anything that is on the Food Network. I don't really listen to too much music, but I enjoy listening to Sugarland in my husband's truck when traveling and at their concerts.

- What is your favorite childhood memory?
I would have to say that my favorite childhood memory is a combination of all of the time my family spent together either at home or at my Aunt or Uncle's houses.

- What's 1 thing on your "Bucket List"?
To visit the East Coast of the United States, to travel along the coast and see all of the different states and sites.

- Favorite Shoes?
I would have to say that my favorite shoes right now besides my flip-flops, would be my Sketcher Shape Ups, especially since that is all I wear.

Thanks, Debbie!

Here's a few pictures of some of Debbie's work!


Thanks for checking out our new Design Team - we hope you're as excited as we are to see what everyone's making! We do have one more person to introduce you to, our new Guest Designer! She's into Altered Arts, has been published several times and has an affinity for shoes! Check back later this week to meet her!

Andi

No comments: