Background

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Meet Christina from Pages Design Team!

Hello, Everyone!

Have you enjoyed meeting the some of the Pages Design Team? Getting inspired? Well, here's another lady from our team, so meet Christina!


- Tell us a little something about yourself.
I grew up in Redlands and married my high school sweetheart. I have a degree in medical microbiology, but I did not work in that field for long. After moving briefly to Arizona and Florida, we returned to Cali and I became a Massage Therapist for 3 years. I’ve been working as an Admin now for about 6 years.

- What is your scrapbook style and how long have you been crafting?
The style I like best is “boyish” – think grunge, gothic, distressed – but I am still trying to get comfortable working with those kinds of papers. I started my papercrafting passion with stamping back in 1994 when someone gave me a homemade card with a Winnie the Pooh stamp that I LOVED. I also do other types of crafts – jewelry making, cake decorating, candy making, mixed-media artwork.... I’m trying it all!

- Are you a layout person, card person, project person? All of the above? More than anything, I do more stamping because I am constantly making greeting cards and invitations since there is always something to celebrate! Most of the layouts I make are gifts for people... I have not done a lot of them for myself!

- What is on your scrapdesk right now?
I’ve been playing with Glimmer mists and masks! There’s also paper, scissors, a fluorish stamp, and a heating gun from the last invitations I made for someone.

- What is your favorite scrapping product? Which company's or lines are your favorites?
My favorite scrapping product right now is Thickers which make it easy for me to add titles that pop. My most favorite lines are Basic Grey and Tim Holtz! I tend to like My Mind’s Eye, Little Yellow Bicycle, October Afternoon...

- What can you NOT scrap without?
A ruler!! ....but I’m working on trying to stop being such a perfectionist lol ;)

- Where do you get your inspiration?
I get inspiration from anywhere and everywhere... I may see a technique in a display that I want to try, or I could even hear a line in a song that I want to incorporate onto a page.

- What are your favorite TV shows? Favorite music?
My favorite TV shows are currently Big Bang Theory and Criminal Minds. I love all types of music!

- What is your favorite childhood memory?
Watching The Young and The Restless with my grandmother... which I still try to watch if I’m ever home!


- What's 1 thing on your "Bucket List"
I want to travel as much of the world as possible, but in particular, I want to go to India and the Antarctic!

- Do you have a favorite pair of shoes?
I LOVE GOING BAREFOOT – even if it was snowing outside!

- If you could throw a dinner party for 5 of your "Most Interesting" people, who would be invited?
This is very difficult for me to answer! I am fascinated by people’s stories and I believe everyone has a story to tell, so I would not necessarily name anyone “famous”. I think it may surprise people to know how interested I am in stories from major historical events (such as survivors of the holocaust) or even just personal triumph over any goal or adversity.

And here's some samples of Christina's work!

We'll see everyone back here tomorrow for another introduction!
Hope you're all having a great week!
Andi

No comments: