Background

Thursday, March 21, 2013

We R Memory's Simply Spring Collection

Hi Pages Peeps, this is Michelle back again this week with another set of projects to share with you.

The Collection
I worked with We R Memory Keeper's Simply Spring collection which features spring and Easter themed designs in subtle, pastel colors. This line is simply gorgeous, making is easy to create your own lovely projects. 


Project #1: A Banner Layout
This photo is actually from Thanksgiving but I thought the pastel background matched the pastel colors of this collection so I used a spring collection for a fall photo. If you like the colors, use the collection even if it isn't a corresponding theme. 


I used a PagesMaps sketch for the layout design with some variations. For more information about this layout, please see this post. This turned out to be quite a popular layout as it has won two online challenges that I entered. 



Project #2: Altered Easter Basket
With Easter coming up, I thought some people might want to make their own Easter baskets to give out. I started with a naked wood one that is from a craft store. I painted the wooden base with some white craft paint. 



Then I traced each side onto patterned paper, cut it out, and adhered it to the wood with Mod Podge. All four sides were covered using only one sheet of 12 x 12" paper. The basket is a reasonable size as it held the entire bag of large plastic eggs I had purchased. 


For a central decoration, I used a journaling die cut as the starting off point and layered it with some dimensional stickers, alphabet stickers and Stickles.


A child would love receiving a handmade basket, especially with all the goodies inside. 

Project #3: An Eggstraordinary Card
I wanted to make an Easter card featuring some Easter eggs, but instead of popping them up, I wanted them recessed into the card. 



I ended up popping up the front panel and embedding the Easter eggs behind the panel. 


I was going to cut out the Easter egg shapes with my Silhouette, but decided it might be faster just to do it the old fashioned way. I used the leftover egg shape from the sticker sheet as a tracing template and traced the eggs on my front panel. I then used an X-Acto knife to cut out the eggs. This made the egg windows from which the egg stickers could be seen. I used some Authentique alphabet stickers for my sentiment as they are the perfect size for cards.


I really loved working with this collection. To purchase the collection or see these projects in person, please hop on by Pages from the Heart! There are a lot of fun events and classes scheduled.

No comments: