Background

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Design Team: A Cute Card for Father's Day

Hello Pages Peeps, this is Michelle here today to share with you my June projects this week. I made three projects and I'll be posting one a day.

The Collection
I worked with Echo Park's Note to Self collection which has a documenting life theme. I really like this theme as it encompasses all occasions and can be used for any photo. If you were to just purchase one set of papers, this is the one to get. The colors are also very warm and can be used for masculine or feminine projects alike. If you would like to look at individual papers or to see the entire collection, please go here.


For all three of my projects, I used the handy dandy all inclusive Note to Self Collection Kit. 


The Reveal
With Father's Day coming up, I really wanted to make a masculine card. A lot of Father's Day cards show a shirt with a tie, but I was imagining a whole row of multi-colored ties. I also wanted the ties to be 3D in stead of a 2D cut out, so I searched for an origami fold. I found this diagram online. Each tie is made from one 3 x 3" square of pattern paper. 



After I was done, the ties looked like they were just floating in the air, so I thought to use a skewer from my kitchen to simulate the look of a wooden closet rod or a tie rack. I adhered it to the card base using some Fabric-tac. 


For the sentiment, I cut out a raffle ticket from the patterned paper and hand wrote a song lyric. I backed it with a few pieces of washi tape which repeated the patterns in the paper.  Since I wrote, "to a man of distinction," I decided to make the tie above the sentiment a bit more distinct from the others. I punched a circle and a star. I added some Stickles and Glossy Accent to the star and popped it on the tie like a tie tack.  

This card really wasn't that complicated to make, despite the fact I don't usually fold origami. 

Supplies
Featuring Echo Park's Note to Self Collection

Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Papers: Echo Park
Shape Punch: EK Success
Corner Punch: WE R Memory Keepers
Washi Tape: K & Co., assorted
Pen: Pentel
Glitter Glue: Ranger Ink
Skewer: Charcoal Companion

Thanks so much for stoppin' by,
Michelle

No comments: