Background

Monday, November 14, 2011

We're Back with Becky!

Hello!

Today I'll be sharing Becky's final project!  This month we asked our team to create projects that would inspire you with your Holiday decor and parties!

Here's Becky!

Give Thanks Journal

Supply List
2 sheets from Fancy Pants Designs "Summer's End" collection
Brown and orange cardstock
Fancy Pants Designs "Summer's End" stickers
Viva Pearl Pen in dark brown
Ribbon
Composition book
Cricut Classic Font cartridge

It has always been my family's tradition (as it is in many homes I'm sure) to each share something we were thankful for that year before we devoured our dinner. Over the years, as family has moved away, it is still a tradition that we share whether in person or over the phone. I came across this idea of a journal for family to write what they are thankful for and I thought it would be a great addition for my family.

I covered a composition book with patterned paper from the Summer's End collection by Fancy Pants Designs and plain cardstock. I used the coordinating stickers to embellish the cover and added ribbon both on the cover and around the spine (Hint: I used Fray Check on the ribbon to stop it from fraying. LOVE this stuff!).

The words "Give Thanks" were cut from the Cricut Classic Font cartridge at 3/4 of an inch. I finished it all by using my Viva Pearl Pen in dark brown to add some details. It was my first time using this pen and I can see why people love them!

On the inside cover I added a personal inscription as well as a 2011 tab so that each year I can add a new tab and we can preserve these heartfelt memories.

I love this journal and think that it's a wonderful idea!  I was inspired by Becky's journal and created a project to share what we're thankful for that I'll be sharing later this week.
 
Thanks, Becky!  We'll be back tomorrow with a project from Lauren!
Andi

No comments: