Background

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Tree

(Sorry!  This was scheduled to post last Thursday but blogger had an issue! )

Hello!

I wanted to share a project that I made after I saw Becky's topiary and thankful notebook... It's a fun project that I was able to made with my little boy, and it's a constant reminder of everything in our life that we are thankful for!

I punched out a lot of different shapes from WeR's fall paper line and Adam and I talked about everything that he's thankful for.  After our chat, we started writing everything that we'd thought of onto our punched shapes.
We distressed our shapes and I punched holes in them and used Bakers Twine to turn our shapes into hanging leaves.

Adam then hung all of our thankful leaves on a tree that my husband put together for me as part of my Anniversary present (it had other goodies on it then!).  The tree is a Manzanita tree branch screwed into a wooden box base.

Here's what one of our thankful leaves looks like...

And here's the tree...

We keep extra shapes in a bowl near by so we can add more leaves to our tree as we think of more that we're blessed with in our life.

Have a great day!  Maybe you can make your own version of a thankful tree... once you start thinking about what you have to be thankful for, it makes the days a lot brighter!
Andi

1 comment:

Scrapinkats said...

what a wonderful tree - it will be great to look back at each year! Love the tree I could /would use each season!
Happy Thanksgiving!