Background

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Lauren's banner was hung by the...

Chimney with care with hopes that St. Nicholas sound would be there!

Today we'll be sharing a very cute banner that Lauren made... take a look and let's hear from Lauren!

Merry Banner


One of my favorite gifts to give is a personalized holiday banner. I made this small banner to fit perfect in a small area to decorate, like an office (or if you're like me, a cubical) or small apartment. Add chipboard letters to create a word, like MERRY, and then put it all together with some baker's twine to hang. Now you have a cute lil' banner.
 Using die cut chipboard pieces, I traced the shape on to various patterns of paper (don't forget enough for the back), distressed the edges (as well as the edges of the chipboard pieces) and glued into place. Don't forget to punch the holes before gluing both sides down! What I do is: (1) punch the holes I need into the chipboard pieces; (2) glue one paper piece and punch the holes using the holes in the chipboard piece as a guide; and (3) glue the other paper piece and punch the holes using the other chipboard side as a guide.

I added embellishments - glitter, stitch marks, pearls, cut outs of cute designs and my baker's twine hollies! These are so simple! I made the holly leaves from an origami pattern, then using a glue dot, wrap baker's twine into a circle. I used some Stickles to help keep the twine together as well as add some bling.
Add chipboard letters to create a word, like MERRY, and then put it all together with some baker's twine to hang. Now you have a cute lil' banner.

Thanks, Lauren!  Such a cute banner and a great way to use your patterned paper, coasters and Bakers Twine!!!! 

See you back here tomorrow!
Andi

No comments: